- Information to Be Collected
Information to be collected by the Hotel may include name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, birth date, gender, nationality, passport and visa information, marketing preferences, information you put on the Hotel’s survey, information the Staff Members put on the Hotel’s survey as per your instructions, information about your previous stays and purchases of services and products with the Hotel, information on personal preferences the Hotel learns about during your stay, information you provide upon using the Hotel’s services, information collected by travel agents upon receiving your booking requests, crucial information required to complete transactions such as information on credit cards or other payment methods.
- Information Collected When You Access the Hotel’s Website and Social Media Sites
When you access the Hotel’s website, the Hotel may collect your device information, log information, cookies, anonymous ID, location information, IP address, and device identification information.
- Information Collected From Social Media Sites
When you voluntarily participate in social media activities and services hosted by the Hotel, the Hotel may collect information about your contact and identity, hotel stays and purchases, activities on the internet and network, and any other information included in the contents you post on social media sites or profile pages.
- Purposes of Using Personal Information
The Hotel uses the acquired personal information for the following purposes:
- To provide you with the service;
- To contact you for the confirmation of a reservation or similar purposes;
- To handle your transactions and luggage shipment;
- To conduct surveys to improve products and services;
- To conduct market analysis for product sales;
- To advertise and sell products by sending marketing materials;
- To request you to comply with the terms and conditions for the use of the services provided through the Hotel’s website;
- To protect you and the services provided through the Hotel’s website;
- Other purposes of use specified at the time of information collection;
- To comply with any applicable laws and regulations.
- Disclosures of Personal Information
The Hotel will appropriately manage and not disclose acquired personal information to any third party except for the following cases:
- When the Hotel has your consent to the disclosure;
- When the Hotel shares your personal information with the Hotel’s contractors to provide services requested by you;
- When disclosure is required under the laws and regulations.
- Management of Personal Information
The Hotel takes necessary measures such as maintaining a security system, thoroughly educating the employees and implementing safety measures to keep acquired personal information accurate and up-to-date and to prevent unauthorized access to, loss, damage, falsification, or leakage of your personal information.
- Inquiries About Personal Information
When the Hotel receives your request to inquire about, correct, or delete your personal information, the Hotel will respond to the request after confirming your identity.
- Compliance with Laws and Regulations
The Hotel will comply with the relevant Japanese laws and regulations related to acquired personal information.
- Shared Use of Personal Information
For the purpose of providing services, the Hotel may share acquired personal information with the Hotel’s contractors within the scope of the purposes of use. If the Hotel shares personal information with a contractor, the contractor will have an obligation under an agreement to manage the personal information, and the Hotel will implement appropriate supervision.
- Protection of Personal Information on Linked Sites
The Hotel website may contain links to websites of other companies and organizations for the purpose of providing useful information and services. The Hotel cannot be held responsible for the collection and handling of personal information by businesses or individuals linked through the Hotel’s website. When following the links on the Hotel’s website, please check each of the linked website’s policies regarding their handling of personal information.
- Change of Private Policy
- Contact Information
Please contact the following office for inquiries related to personal information.
Pearl Star Hotel Atami Strategic Management Office
6-45, Higashikaigan-cho, Atami, Shizuoka, Japan, 413-0012
Effective date: July 1, 2022